The current objects of the Group are -
- to allow members to identify and discuss issues of mutual interest, establish an identity of purpose and share knowledge and experiences;
- to participate with relevant international organisations in setting and promoting the implementation of international standards for cross-border banking supervision, and for combating money laundering/terrorist financing;
- to encourage members to apply high standards of supervision based on internationally accepted principles;
- to promote a general raising of standards among member jurisdictions through a peer group approach and mutual independent evaluation;
- to agree and promote a positive, constructive and coordinated response to the approaches made by other supervisory authorities for assistance in the effective consolidated supervision of international banks;
- to promote the adoption of a Statement of Best Practice for trust and company service providers.